World Health Organisation has approved two Chinese-produced vaccines, a Bivalent Oral Poliomyelitis Vaccine; and Hepatitis A vaccine, after receiving pre-qualification test.
The move indicates that the WHO has given the vaccines its stamp of approval for the safety and efficacy, and United Nations procuring agencies may now source them.
Mr. Fabio Scano, an officer in the WHO Representative Office in China, said: “Pre-qualification of BOPV is very good news for the Global Polio Eradication Initiative.
The country now has four vaccines pre-qualified by the WHO.
“We are very pleased to see China’s innovation and production capacity bring life-saving vaccines to the world through the WHO pre-qualification programme,” said Scano.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Zamfara Gov, Bello Matawalle urges traditional rulers to tackle insecurity
- 2023: Kogi delegates shock Ameachi after requesting Yahaya Bello to stepdown ambition
- KWACCIMA collaborates with EFCC for corrupt-free business environment
- NCoS Controller advises officers to show good character, be dedicated
- Education, short road to peace, freedom—NIREC
- Cultist suspect who killed to gain promotion, women, others remanded in prison
- Don’t hold rallies in Abia, IPOB warns APC aspirant
- FG committed to protecting Nigerians from harmful use of data- Pantami
- Lagos Govt. says June 1 deadline won’t stop enforcement on Okada ban
- NAF free medical outreach excites Kaduna residents