The Social Democratic Party, (SDP), candidate in the last governorship election in Osun State, Senator Iyiola Omisore, has been suspended by the pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenife.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the suspension will last for one year.
He was alleged to have aligned with the All Progressives Congress, (APC), to win the run-off election in the Ife South and North Local Government Areas of Osun State.
His action was said to have gone against the position of his party, the Social Democratic Party, and the Afenifere.
Omisore’s suspension was part of the decisions taken at the monthly meeting of the Afenifere, held at the residence of its leader, Chief Reuben Fasoranti, in Akure, the Ondo State capital.
In a communiqué issued at the end of the meeting and read by a chieftain of the group, Chief Korede Duyile, the group said Omisore allegedly went against the position of the Afenifere during the last governorship election in Osun State.
The group had earlier decided not to support the All Progressives Congress at the Osun governorship and the forthcoming general elections.
The Afenifere said in the communiqué, “The meeting took a decision to suspend Senator Iyiola Omisore for one year for violating Afenifere’s directive which affected the outcome of the Osun election.”
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63
- Breaking …New Emir emerged in Dutse, Muhammadu Hameem
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget