A Customary Court in Ibadan on Thursday dissolved a five-year-old marriage between Suleiman Adesina and his wife Abiola, over irreconcilable differences.
Delivering judgment, Chief Ademola Odunade, held that the court was left with no option other than to grant the divorce.
Odunade awarded custody of the two children to Abiola and ordered Adesina to pay N10,000 as monthly upkeep.
Abiola accused Adesina of starving her and the children.
”I endured misery, starvation and anguish all through our five years together. I am leaving him poorer than I was before I met married him”, she said.
But Adesina in his counter argument told the court that his mother in-law destroyed his marriage.
”My mother-in-law refused to give us a breathing space. She meddles in our affairs.
”She nags and instigated her daughter against me. She also encourages her to leave the house whenever we have a little misunderstanding,” he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation