The president of Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan, Oyo State, Mr. Ademola Odunade, on Friday dissolved a seven-year marriage between Kaosara Aderinto and Emmanuel over deception.
Kaosara, a hair dresser, prayed the court to dissolve the marriage because Emmanuel deceived her into believing that he was a Muslim.
He, however, awarded custody of the two children to their mother, Kaosara.
He also ordered Emmanuel to pay a monthly allowance of N10,000 for the children’s upkeep, in addition to being responsible for their education and other welfare.
Narrating her ordeal, Kaosara, who lives in Oleyo area of Ibadan, said, “All along during our courtship, Emmanuel deceived me into believing that he was a Muslim. That was why I agreed to marry him.
“However, on getting to his home, things changed completely as Emmanuel started forcing me to follow him to Church.
“Besides, Emmanuel’s mother began to be a pain in my neck because she started finding fault in anything I did in the house.
“The house in which we lived is our joint effort and I would have stayed with him, but his mother will not allow me a moment of rest,” she alleged.
In his response, Emmanuel, who agreed to the divorce, denied that he deceived the petitioner into marrying him.
Emmanuel, a civil servant, however, argued that the plaintiff could not properly cater for the two children because she is always busy.
He, therefore, prayed the court to grant him custody of the children.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide