The candidate for governor on the platform of Young Progressive Party, (YPP) in Ekiti State, Mr. Deborah Ajayi, has identified the lack of visionary leadership as the main cause of underdevelopment in the state.
Ajayi, who made this known in a statement he issued on Friday through his party’s secretariat in Abuja, vowed to change the narratives if he is given the opportunity to govern the state.
He noted that the time has come for men of integrity and vision to take on the mantle of leadership in the state, provide direction and fix the broken system.
The gubernatorial hopeful said part of the visionary leadership he would offer if elected to office would be to harness the intellectual assets that abound in the state and also ensure a private sector-led economy.
“We will invest massively in the young people who will be the drivers of our proposed knowledge-driven economy.
“Nigerians, especially the youthful demographic, with an estimated voting population of more than 40 million, are today better informed and rapidly institutionalizing the vibrant online activism demonstrated during the #EndSARS protests into electoral politics and broader civic engagement.
“Ekiti is one of the sad realities of this leadership failure.
“And despite claiming to be the intellectual capital of Nigeria, it lacks any visible development so much so that Ekiti is today one of the most underdeveloped states in Nigeria,” Ajayi said.
He said he would aim to mobilize the state’s most numerous first-time voters and strategize with young people who were already beaten down by high rates of insecurity, unemployment and poverty.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92