A female kidnap suspect, Fatima Muhammed, says she had no regrets abducting the four-year-old son of Bukar Dalori, the Borno Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
“I committed the crime because I am in love with money”, Fatima told newsmen when she was paraded shortly after her arrest in Maiduguri on Monday
“I have no regrets over the crime I committed and even if it is my own child I will kidnap him for money.
“I know he is the son of the APC chairman; I took him because I want money to go and enjoy myself somewhere.
“Why should I regret anything,’’ Fatima said.
Earlier, Mr Damian Chukwu, the Commissioner of Police in Borno, said Fatima, was delivered of a baby boy when she was arrested at Albarka Hotel in Maiduguri on Sept 21.
Fatima allegedly abducted the boy and two others from a school and demanded for N20 million ransom.
Chukwu said the woman and the child were in good condition at the time she was arrested by men of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad.
“It is pertinent to mention that the Fatima Mohammed was pregnant at the time she kidnapped the minor and gave birth to a baby boy in a Guess Inn while keeping the victim on Sept. 2,’’ he said.
The commissioner said that two suspects, Muhammed Musa and Muktar Ali-Shaibu, both from Bulumkutu Area in Maiduguri were arrested in Kano at the point of collecting the ransom.
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum