An Oke-Bola-based trader, Olabisi, has pleaded with a Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan, Oyo State, to dissolve her 16-year union with her husband, Paul, “because he is too sex hungry and often rapes her.”
Testifying before court president Ademola Odunade, Olabisi, a mother of three, said that her husband might sniff life out of her if the court did not separate them because he usually rapes her.
“Paul often subjects me to untold brutality in the process of sleeping with me.
“If he does not succeed in raping me, he beats or rains curses on me.
“Paul is forever requesting for sex and I fear that he might turn me into something else if I don’t leave him,” she told the court.
“In fact, he is a terrible drunkard and even quarrels with our 15-year-old first child.
“Paul never fends for the children and me, let alone showing concern about their education.
“Due to his irresponsibility, I have moved away from Paul’s home since March 4.”
The defendant, who earned his living as an entertainer, consented to the suit but denied the allegations leveled against him.
Paul, a resident of Oke-Ado area of Ibadan, submitted that he was pleased with his wife filing the divorce suit because she was a dishonest partner.
“My lord, Olabisi made up her mind to leave me because I caught her conspiring with thieves.
“A gang of armed robbers have been keeping stolen money and other items in her custody and I complained bitterly about it.
“Before I returned home on that day, Olabisi had packed her belongings.
“In addition, she is a wayward wife because she sometimes left home for three days fornicating around.
“It is not true that I don’t cater for the children.
“Also, I have never forced Olabisi into having sexual intercourse with me,” Paul said.
Odunade held that there was no more reason keeping the union since the duo have expressed their interest to separate.
He, however, awarded custody of the couple’s three children to Olabisi and directed Paul to pay N12,000 monthly for the children’s upkeep, in addition to being responsible for their education and other welfare.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections