Imo State Governor-Elect, Senator Hope Uzodinma, is yet to receive his Certificate of Returns from the Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC), ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
This is because, on Wednesday INEC said it would not issue a Certificate of Return because it had not been served the enrolled order of the Supreme Court judgement which sacked Governor Emeka Ihedioha of Imo State.
The Chief Press Secretary of the INEC Chairman, Rotimi Oyekanmi, made the clarification in a short response to journalists in Abuja.
The commission was reacting to enquiries why it had not given Uzodimma the CoR 15 hours after the Apex Court’s verdict.
He said, “Dear colleagues, please be informed that the commission is yet to be served with the enrolled order of the Supreme Court judgement.
“Therefore, we cannot issue the Certificate of Return to the APC candidate yet. However, once the commission receives the enrolled order, the CoR will be issued.”
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget
- Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service insists on e-payment in hospitals
- Buhari invested more in vulnerable women, youth– Minister
- Buhari’s appointees sabotaging his administration– APC Stakeholders
- INEC won’t disappoint Nigerians in 2023 General Election– REC
- NYSC DG warns corps members against unauthorised trips
- 2023 election: Tinubu’s presidential bid is a divine project – Kekemeke
- 2023 Election: Clergy advises Nigerians to protect their votes
- Civil Society Organisations in Borno empathise with Nigerians over cash crunch
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement