The Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, ACYF, on Friday, reacted to the resignation of Kemi Adeosun as the Minister of Finance.
President of the Forum, Yerima Shettima said Adeosun may have been forced to resign from her position as Minister.
Shettima also hinted that Adeosun may have resigned because she lost confidence in President Muhammadu Buhari’s government.
Recall that Adeosun had on Friday reportedly resigned her appointment as Minister of Finance.
Her resignation from President Muhammadu Buhari’s cabinet may not be unconnected with her alleged forgery of the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, certificate.
Reacting, Shettima urged other Ministers with certificate scandals to emulate Adeosun and toe the path of honour by resigning from their positions.
According to Shettima, “It’s a welcome development and I hope others it’s as a result of the certificate matter because the kind of magic we see in this administration these days one keeps wondering, however, it’s an honour on her part and I hope others will emulate.
“I hope others too emulate her, there are so many like her who have issues with their certificate, I expect others to key into that so that at the end of the day we may have a face before the international community and people will respect our country and seeing leaders as those worth being leaders and not those with integrity questions.”
On Adeosun’s resignation being a move on the part of Buhari’s administration to redeem its image ahead of 2019, “This is why I still have my doubt, a lot of them have that same certificate issue why is it only her, I think two things are involved and in the next few days we will be able to hear her own side of the story.
“Probably there is a pressure from some quarters for her to give way or she honourably wanted to resign because she lost confidence in this government but whatever be the reason, her resignation is a welcome development.
“However, we expect others without mentioning their names who have problems with their certificates, in fact, some with O’level certificate scandal to emulate her and resign.”
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price
- Tems wins Grammy award
- Kwara South Group Drums Support For ADC Reps candidate, Gbenga Power
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai