‘Why PDP leaders prefer Dankwambo as presidential candidate’
The Commissioner for Information in Gombe State, Umar Suleiman, has said a powerful group within the Peoples Democratic Party is mounting pressure on Governor Ibrahim Dankwambo to contest as the party’s presidential candidate because of his vast experience in financial management.
Suleiman, in a statement on Saturday, said what Nigeria needs at the moment is a financial expert who could turn around the nation’s fortunes by deploying sound skills to manage men and resources.
He said, “What Nigeria needs is someone that has a good financial and management background. If we decide to elect someone without a solid financial background, it will be very difficult for the person to turn around the economy of this nation.
“Many things are needed to ensure that the economy is revived. Unfortunately, the present government is saying that we are out of recession but a lot of people are still suffering.
“Something drastic needs to be done in the area of economic revival of this country. There should be fresh composition of the economic team because the economy is still sick.”
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Family releases burial arrangements for late AIT/RayPower CEO, Raymond Dokpesi
- Senate rejects controversial Water Resources Bill
- You’ve represented the dynasty excellently, Emir of Ilorin tells Prof. Gambari
- Tinubu gets Senate’s approval to appoint 20 Special Advisers
- EFCC to arraign 20 internet fraudster suspects in Kwara
- NLC, TUC pictures from Aso Rock Villa
- Iyabo Ojo slammed with ₦18M tax by Lagos Govt, she reacts
- Oluremi Tinubu steps into First Lady’s office
- Increase workers minimum wage to N200,000 – TUC tells FG
- Fuel subsidy: Court stops NLC, TUC, others from embarking on strike