The Commissioner for Information in Gombe State, Umar Suleiman, has said a powerful group within the Peoples Democratic Party is mounting pressure on Governor Ibrahim Dankwambo to contest as the party’s presidential candidate because of his vast experience in financial management.
Suleiman, in a statement on Saturday, said what Nigeria needs at the moment is a financial expert who could turn around the nation’s fortunes by deploying sound skills to manage men and resources.
He said, “What Nigeria needs is someone that has a good financial and management background. If we decide to elect someone without a solid financial background, it will be very difficult for the person to turn around the economy of this nation.
“Many things are needed to ensure that the economy is revived. Unfortunately, the present government is saying that we are out of recession but a lot of people are still suffering.
“Something drastic needs to be done in the area of economic revival of this country. There should be fresh composition of the economic team because the economy is still sick.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption