The Senate has adjourned plenary to next Tuesday to allow senators that won re-election to collect their certificates of return from the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Thursday.
INEC had fixed Thursday as the day for the collection of certificates of return by all elected senators and members of the House of Reps during the February 23 presidential and national assembly elections.
There are 45 serving senators that won re-election to represent various Senatorial Districts in the country, who will be at the International Conference Centre (ICC), Abuja, to collect the certificates of return.
The senators are expected to resume plenary on Tuesday and continue with the debate on the general principles of the 2019 budget estimates, which they commenced on Wednesday.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes