Some states have been accused of allegedly playing politics with the coronavirus that is currently ravaging the world.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the Professor Ango Abdullahi-led Northern Elders Forum on Thursday disclosed that states were playing politics with the numbers of suspects tested for COVID-19 in order to attract more funds from both the Federal Government and foreign donors.
This was contained in a statement signed by Abdullahi and made available to journalists in Kaduna.
The statement read in part, “The forum regrets the appearance of attempts by many state governments to play politics with numbers for what appears to be expectations that more funds from the Federal Government and foreign donors will be allocated to them.
“It is public knowledge that what the entire nation needs are good policies that protect all Nigerians; equipment and facilities for testing and treatment; and resources to support people who will find it hard to stay at home without some palliatives during the lockdown.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide