Some states have been accused of allegedly playing politics with the coronavirus that is currently ravaging the world.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the Professor Ango Abdullahi-led Northern Elders Forum on Thursday disclosed that states were playing politics with the numbers of suspects tested for COVID-19 in order to attract more funds from both the Federal Government and foreign donors.
This was contained in a statement signed by Abdullahi and made available to journalists in Kaduna.
The statement read in part, “The forum regrets the appearance of attempts by many state governments to play politics with numbers for what appears to be expectations that more funds from the Federal Government and foreign donors will be allocated to them.
“It is public knowledge that what the entire nation needs are good policies that protect all Nigerians; equipment and facilities for testing and treatment; and resources to support people who will find it hard to stay at home without some palliatives during the lockdown.”
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends