Women of South-South, in their numbers, on Friday described the threat to issue Warrant-Of-Arrest against Senator Godswill Akpabio as a plot to coerce the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs to toe an odd line and the Federal Government into accepting to pay for inflated, bogus and fictitious projects in the past.
‘’This is a threatening measure designed to retard the progress of the region, strip the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) of the transparency qualities it had developed in the last two years and return it to its most corrupt days’’.
They also commended stakeholders in the Niger Delta region for joining hands with Akpabio to lift the region high.
In a statement in Asaba by the spokesperson of the South-South Women Political Front (SSWPF), Dr. Doris Ogba, the women described Akpabio as a transformational figure, towering statesman and a visionary hero.
They commended the former Akwa Ibom State governor for initiating programmes and projects that directly benefited the people in various areas such as security, health, education, roads, housing, electrification, transportation, agriculture and tourism.
The well respected women applauded Akpabio for redirecting the region on to the path of development.
‘’Senator Godswill Akpabio is a thoughtful, decent and progressive fellow. His humility is boundless’’.
Particularly, the women scolded political detractors for throwing sand in the gears of the current administration to transform the region, making misleading statements and orchestrating a campaign of calumny against Akpabio, with a view to impugn his integrity.
The statement emphasized Akpabio’s politics of performance, virtue in waiting, deep appetite for change, rapid infrastructure development and peace in the Niger Delta region.
‘’The Wailing Women of the Niger Delta, The Integrity Friends for Truth and Peace Initiative (TIFPI) and others are spoilers’’ the statement added.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders
- Minister promises NDC more supports for effective performance
- 2023: Why I want to contest for Ilorin West/ Asa Reps— Ajia
- BREAKING…. Many school children, others affected as explosion rocks Kano