US President Donald Trump has fired a second senior official who testified against him in the impeachment inquiry.
Gordon Sondland, the United States’ ambassador to the EU, was ousted on Friday just hours after Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman who had worked as an expert on Ukraine at the White House.
Trump survived impeachment after the Republican dominated Senate voted in his favour on Wednesday.
“I was advised today that the President intends to recall me effective immediately as United States Ambassador to the European Union,” Sondland said in a statement on Friday.
Lt. Col. Vindman had testified in impeachment hearings that he didn’t think it was “proper” for Trump to “demand that a foreign government investigate” former Vice President Joe Biden and his son.
Vindman, who was born in Ukraine, turned up to work on Friday at the White House but was swiftly escorted out.
He has now been re-posted to the army, the US military said, but gave no further details.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector