Barely, few days to the governorship election in Ondo State, the factional candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party for the election, Mr. Eyitayo Jegede (SAN) has reassured his supporters across the state that he would still contest and win the election after getting justice from the appellate court .
Jegede’s appeal is still pending at the Abuja Court of Appeal which has adjourned its sitting on the case indefinitely.
The PDP factional candidate is challenging the judgment of the High Court which ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission to replace his name with that of Jimoh Ibrahim as the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party for the November 26 governorship poll.
He (Jegede) belongs to the Ahmed Makarfi’s faction while Ibrahim is from the Ali Modu Sheriff’s faction of the PDP in the state.
Addressing his supporters in Akure, the state capital after returning from Abuja on Saturday, the immediate former Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice in Ondo State asked his supporters not to lose hope but continue with their house-to-house campaign aimed at ensuring that the PDP emerges victorious in the election.
He said, ” Mark my words, we will contest and win this election. Let me tell you, this is not about Eyitayo Jegede alone, it is about the people of Ondo State, this is about good governance in our state, this is about continuation and improvement on the good things we have been enjoying in our state. “
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note