Former Delta State Governor, Chief James Ibori, has carved a niche for himself as a political leader without whom the story of modern Delta would be incomplete, Delta APC Gubernatorial Candidate and Deputy Senate President, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege, has said.
In a congratulatory message signed by the Director, Communications and Media Strategy of the Delta APC gubernatorial campaign organisation, Ima Niboro, Senator Omo-Agege described Chief Ibori as a leader who believes in building bridges rather than burning them.
The senator extolled the past and present leadership roles of the ex-governor, recalling his invaluable contribution to the struggle for resource control and the attainment of 13 percent derivation for oil producing areas in Nigeria.
He noted that Ibori will remain a reference point in state and national politics because of his depth of knowledge and understanding of both Delta state and Nigeria.
“His agitation along with other great Niger Delta leaders and patriots paved way for the 13 per cent derivation from proceeds of oil and gas that some are frittering away today in Delta. Regardless, Chief Ibori remains a bridge builder and father to all irrespective of our political parties at the moment. His tenure as governor paved the way for positive developments in our state which endure till today.
“He fostered peace in our multilingual state, built bridges across board. As the second civilian governor of our dear state from 1999 to 2007, he weathered several storms and laid a foundation for his successors to build on,” he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Cameroon seeks AIB-N support on aircraft accident investigation
- Professionalism, training motivation, support are catalyst for transformed education system– Stakeholders
- Emir Sulu-Gambari prays for Doyen of Geology, Prof. Oyawoye at 95
- Again, Buhari urges ASUU to call off strike
- Kwara Govt secondary school without classrooms
- NBA lauds Bala Mohammed for signing judiciary autonomy bill into law
- APC Chieftain lauds Faleke’s appointment as Secretary of APC Presidential Campaign
- Transform Raw Materials To Finished and Revenue Generating Product – FG
- Afritel trains journalists on good governance, accountability reporting
- Soludo suspends LG chairman over wife’s death