Nigerian Afro pop star, Ayodeji Balogun a.k.a Wizkid is on top of the world as his new creation jersey, designed by athletic apparel giant `Nike’ sold out 10 minutes after launch.
The `Soco’ crooner had announced and shared on his instagram handle @Wizkidayo that his Star Boy wears, a collaboration with Nike was coming out.
@Wizkidayo said: “Nike X Star Boy out worldwide! It was all a dream’.
After a much-anticipated wait, the `Star Boy’ jersey, which was released on Monday at selected Nike stores sold out in 10 minutes.
READ ALSO: UEFA Nations League gets thumbs up after exciting start
It only took minutes for the pop star to return to his instagram handle and write: “That was fast! Sold out in 10 minutes! Love you all like crazy! God is working harder than the devil!’’.
According to Nike, the collaboration shirt is a celebration of Wizkid’s Nigerian roots, and also a representation of the things that caught the fancy of Star Boy; football and fashion.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the logo of Star Boy Entertainment, his record label, is printed on the front side of his jersey.
Also in Surulere, Lagos where Wizkid was born and brought up is inscribed on the lower back of the jersey.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note