By Halimat Mohammed
A 30-year-old woman in Malaysia had been arrested on Monday for allegedly forcing her teenage daughter into prostitution.
The mother, who resides in Sarawak state, was “trying to pay off her debts” by forcing her 14-year-old daughter to have sex with a man.
According to the Police Chief, Dev Kumar, “The mother forced her 14-year-old daughter to have sex with a man in order to pay off debts.” Read also: IPOB: We will not allow Buratai, Jubril from Sudan to intimidate us, Election will not hold in Anambra
Kumar said the man paid more than 200 dollars to the karaoke bar owner to have sex with the girl, according to the Star.
He added that the girl was raped three times in a hotel.
A village official assisted the girl to report the matter to the police on Sunday and the mother and the karaoke owner were arrested. Read also: Army kills 3 Boko Haram cattle thief, recovers 5 AK47s rifles in Bornu
“We are now looking for the man, who allegedly had sex with the girl. The case has been classified as rape.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign