The Management of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State, on Monday announced a list of Nigerians to be conferred with honorary doctorates degrees at the varsity’s convocation ceremony scheduled to hold between March 9 and March 13.
The Vice-Chancellor of the University, Prof. Charles Esimone, disclosed this on Monday.
On the list announced by the VC were the deposed Emir of Kano Sanusi Lamido Sanusi; and the Chairman of INNOSON Motors, Innocent Chukwuma, amongst others.
Esimone explained that the selected personalities would be conferred with honorary doctorate degrees for their contributions to education and society.
Esimone said a total of 2, 821persons would receive post-graduate honours including 339 doctorate degrees while 6, 750 would be awarded their degrees at the ceremony.
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano
- 3 policemen killed in Ebonyi by unknown gunmen
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi