The Federal Government has announced free train ride for travellers along the Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge rail line.
The Minister of Transportation, Mr Chibuike Amaechi, made the announcement on Saturday via his Twitter handle.
He explained that the take-off point is the Iju train station in Lagos while the free ride would last beyond the festive period.
Amaechi noted that it would run through March 2020 and urged commuters along the route to take advantage and “ride to the next level”.
- Aisha Buhari fires Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu (FULL STATEMENT)
- Senate probes N20trn unremitted stamp duties from banks, others
- Senate escapes cracks, drops Confidence Vote on Lawan
- Senate moves to halt petroleum tankers’ accidents
- Senate considers bill to boost food security
- Buhari seeks Senate’s approval of new FIRS, AMCON bosses
- See where Buhari is going tomorrow
- Governor sacks 51 workers for boycotting screening
- Buhari appoints new FIRS Chairman
- EFCC recovers 10 properties, over N3.6bn in Kwara