The Nigeria Army, said it launched the operation Golden Dawn exercise in Imo State, to protect South Easterners returning for the Christmas period.
The Commander 34 Artillery Brigade Obinze, Brigadier General Raymond Utsaha, revealed this on Friday to newsmen from the operation Golden Dawn Military camp in Orlu, Imo state.
Utsaha said the operation which would last till the end of the year, would among other things ensure that the economic activities of the South East continue to improve.
He said: “The exercise operation Golden Dawn” is meant to “build on the gains so far recorded over the menace of IPOB and ESN by the security agencies so far” and that all “security agencies are involved in the exercise.
“The exercise aims to further secure lives and property of the people of the South-East in general and Imo in particular and to reassure citizens of the South East returning for the Christmas celebration of adequate security. He said the Operation will start in October and end on December 31, 2021.
“The troops of the Operation Golden Dawn will be quartered at Orlu for the rest of the year to ensure that socio-economic activities in the region and Imo State, in particular, will continue to take place unhindered.”
It should be recalled that the Imo State Governor Hope Uzodimma had launched the operation Golden Dawn which has its camp in Orlu from where they would operate.
- Emir of Ilorin condoles former AMCON chairman, Kola Belgore over wife’s death
- NiMet signs MoU with Sahel Consulting on agricultural improvement
- Buhari responsible for rot in Nigeria– Igboho
- NLC protest action may bring anarchy– TUC
- Former Kwara NUJ secretary, Timothy Nathaniel for burial Feb. 26-27
- Account for toll gate, parking lots fees since 2015, Court orders FAAN
- Adamawa hunters collaborate with Army to fight criminalities
- CSOs urge NASS to probe FG over $3.4billion COVID-19 loan, subsidy savings, others
- ARRANT NONSENSE: MURIC REPLIES MAN WHO SAID REMI TINUBU SHOULD BE KILLED
- JUST IN…. Former NBA national president, emerges as LP guber candidate in Edo