Yahaya Bello reveals Ahmed Usman Ododo as preferred successor
Edward David Onoja, the Deputy Governor of Kogi State has withdrawn from the Kogi All Progressives Congress (APC) Primary slated for today.
The ruling Party had announced the Direct Primary will be the mode of Primary to produce the Candidate who will fly the Party’s flag in the November 11 Governorship Election.
Following a Stakeholders meeting, the outgoing Governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello revealed his preferred successor to be a former Local Government Auditor General, Ahmed Usman Ododo.
Ododo hails from the same Kogi Central Senatorial Zone as the outgoing Governor.
Alongside Onoja, others who have withdrawn from the race are: Mohammed Abdulkareem Asuku (the Governor’s Chief of Staff), David Adebanji Jimoh; a former Commissioner for Finance, Asiwaju Ashiru Idris; Okala Yakubu, and Momoh Jubril.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- NGF: Tinubu congratulates Gov. AbdulRazaq, Uzodinma
- Alleged N4bn: EFCC drills Ex-Gov. Kayode Fayemi in Ilorin
- I never indicated interest to be 10th Assembly’s Senate President— Lawan
- Insecurity: Tinubu gives Service Chiefs Matching Order
- Breaking…..CBN debunks rumour on alleged Naira devaluation
- Folashade Tinubu adds ‘First Daughter of FRN’ to her Twitter bio
- INEC rejects certified true copies of documents tendered by Atiku, PDP
- CBN devalues Naira to 630 per dollar
- Hajj 2023: Again, MAX Air makes another emergency landing in Kano
- How MDAs abused N3.8trn Service Wide Vote, by Senate