Achuja is the chairman of the Ajaokuta traditional area council.
The governor said the monarch’s suspension is in connection with the attack on the security personnel on Saturday.
TheCable had reported that gunmen ambushed the security personnel at Jidda-Bassa community in Ajaokuta LGA of Kogi, killing three police officers and five vigilantes.
The governor announced the monarch’s suspension in a statement issued by Onogwu Muhammed, his chief press secretary.
He warned that his administration will punish any traditional ruler with links to terrorists.
Bello also issued a query to Mustapha Aka’aba, Ajaokuta LGA chairman, through a letter to the commissioner for local government and chieftaincy affairs, demanding a reply within 24 hours.
The governor directed a halt to unofficial movements of local government council chairmen out of their territories without due process.
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated