Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina
Abdulaziz Yar’adua, younger brother of late President Umaru Yar’adua, has been declared winner of the Katsina Central Senatorial District election.
The Returning Officer for the election, Aminu Kankia, declared the result in Katsina on Sunday night.
He said Mr Yar’adua of the All Progressives Congress (APC) scored a total of 153,512 votes, against 152,140 votes scored by Aminu Sirajo of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Mr Kankia added that Gambo Abubakar of the New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP) received 16,005, while Aminu Gide of Peoples Redemption Party (PRP) got 781 votes.
Mr Yar’adua is a retired lieutenant colonel in the Nigerian Army.
Also, the APC candidate for Daura/Sandamu/Mai’Adua federal constituency, Aminu Jamo, has been declared winner of the poll.
Mr Jamo got 55,964 votes to defeat his closest rival, Abdullahi Aliyu, of the PDP, who got 33,398 votes.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Release arrested Eze Igbo immediately – Igbo Youths to DSS
- Obiajulu Uja: Lawyer claims man arrested mentally challenged
- I can marry man above 60 – Linda John
- WAEC releases 2023 results
- DSS, police arrest Eze Igbo who threatened to invite IPOB to Lagos
- Fayose threatens to sue PDP for suspending him, demands apology
- APC suspends NDDC Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie
- Lagos Govt to repair Third Mainland Bridge on Sunday
- APC group disowns former D-G
- APC optimistic of victory in Sokoto supplementary poll