Seun Kuti, the youngest son of afro-beat legend, Fela, reportedly insulted the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu at a public event in Tuesday.
Seun, who is also an activist aside his music, walked out on the governor at his eldest sister, Yeni’s birthday celebration.
The artiste caused a stir when he raised his middle finger as the Governor walked into the occasion to celebrate with Yeni, openly expressing his displeasure at the presence of Sanwo-Olu.
Hip TV reports that the music star was later brought back into the Shrine by his elder brother, Femi Kuti who calmly and swiftly curtailed the situation before it could escalate further.
And reacting to the development, Yeni Anikulapo-Kuti denied that Seun, insulted Governor Sanwo-Olu, at her 60th birthday.
Yeni, who is also a co-host of ‘The View’ made the clarification on Twitter following a trending video showing Seun walking furiously away from the governor’s direction.
Yeni tweeted “What happened was that the security detail in the course of doing their duty pushed his wife.
“He got upset at them understandably, not the governor. He even explained to the governor. I beg o! He has home training.”
- (See Pictures) Court sends 20 internet fraudsters to jail in Oyo
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin