Yerima was speaking on Friday in Abuja, as Senator Bala Adamu, Director General of Yerima Support Organizations, submitted the APC Expression of Interest and Nomination forms to contest the 2023 presidential election.
“We will use our Christian and Islamic clerics to ensure that decorum is restored to society.
“We will create a ministry of religious affairs so that we have a minister of Muslim affairs and a minister of Christian affairs.
“We will make sure that the leadership of the serving bishops and clergy truly appreciate God,” he said.
Yerima said that section 38 of the country’s constitution gave Nigerians freedom of religion, to worship alone or in community with others, in private or in public.
He added that God was not wrong in creating Nigerians as Christians and Muslims.
He said that if he is elected as the country’s next president in 2023, his administration will fight the problems of ignorance and ensure that people receive proper education.
“Under my administration, all Nigerian children must go to school. We will have free education and establish a functional student loan board so that financial resources are available for all Nigerian children, poor or rich, to access education,” he said.
Yerima praised the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari for its fight against insecurity and terrorism in the country.
Gone are the days when people were screened before entering churches and mosques, he says.
He said he would approve community policing across the federation to address insecurity and acts of terrorism in the country, especially in the northeast.
He said that the details of his programs would be made public in due course, adding that “the important thing is that Yerima will fight security, poverty and ignorance among Nigerians.”
Adamu, the General Director of Yerima Support Organizations, said that the forms were purchased for Yerima through contributions from his different support groups from across the federation.
Present at the event were Muslim and Christian clerics, Yerima support organizations, and representatives of women and youth from across the federation.
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules