The paramount ruler of Iwo Empire, in the Iwo local government area of Osun State, Oba Dr. Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi, has advised traditional rulers in South-West region to glofify the usage of Crown by their queens.
He added that, “the only thing that differentiates Kings from commoners in the soicety are crowns and the royal regalia. Also, the only thing that can differentiate our wives from other women in the public is by putting on crowns.
The monarch stated this on Thursday while speaking with ROYAL NEWS in his palace. He noted that, “Several people have challeged me on the reason why my queen uses crown. But the Almighty God has made me to know that Olokun who is the wife of Oduduwa, the father of Yoruba race, was actually crowned.
“So if we all claimed that we are descedants of Oduduwa and we want to tour his path, definately, we need to imbibe some of his qualities. Oduduwa also crowned his wife, (Olokun) and her image is there for everyone to see. It is not a matter of pride or arrongance. It is a simple fact for everyone to research on.”
Speaking further, Oba Adewale declared that Princes of Iwo land are also eminently qualify to become Oni of Ife stressing that the progenitor of the Iwo land was the first son (Aremo) of the only female Oni of Ife, Telu Luwo Gbagida.
He however vowed not to relent in his efforts until many industries are sited in Iwo land thereby creating job opportunities for the unemployed youths. “He said: “Why will I be ridding on Rolls-Royce among other exotic cars when my subjects are wallowing in abject poverty?.
Oba Adewale therefore appealed to traditional rulers in Nigeria to be passionate and concern about the wellbeing of the people in their domains.
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku
- CBN deadline: Buhari speaks on reasons for currencies changes
- INEC extends PVCs collection to Feb. 5
- INEC extends PVCs collection deadline