Yul Edochie has questioned why Nigerians laugh at fellow citizens who speak English with an accent.
He pointed out that such people have no problems with a Chinese man speaking English with a Chinese accent. But when an Igbo man speaks English with an Igbo accent, he’s laughed at and called Igbotic.
The actor tweeted:
The Chinese man speaks English with a Chinese accent.
Same with the Italian, etc.
But you’re cool with it cos they are white.
Then your Igbo brother will speak his English with Igbo accent.
And you laugh at him, ‘oh he’s too Igbotic’.
Is he supposed to be Portuguese?
Are you ok?
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92