YULETIDE: Police ban use of fire-works, deploys 3,000 personnel in Kwara
The Kwara State Police Command wishes to fecilitate with the good people of Kwara on the occasion of the celebration of Christmas.
The Commissioner of Police, Kwara State Command, CP Kayode Egbetokun wishes to assure the good people of Kwara State that adequate security measure has been emplaced to guarantee a hitch free Christmas and new year celebrations.
In a bid to making the celebrations crime free, the Command has deployed a total number of three thousand (3000) policemen and women, drawn from the Conventional, PMF, Anti-Cultism, Anti- Kidnapping, Counter Terrorism and the Intelligence units of the Command to forestall any breakdown of law and order before, during and after the yuletide period.
Consequently, the Command is by this Release calling on members of the public to go about their lawful endeavours without any fear of molestation.
The Command wishes to warn against the use of low explosive without the neccessary permit during the yuletide. Any person found disobeying this order if arrested will be prosecuted.
The Command also wishes to use this medium to advise NYSC Members across the state to always shun the temptation to embark on unnecessary and unauthorized journeys especially during this period. Any Corp member who must travel outside the state should always obtain the neccessary clearance from the NYSC authority before undertaking such journey but should be mindful of the risks associated with traveling outside the state including the risk of kidnap.
The Command is collaborating with the NYSC authority in the state to ensure maximum safety of Corp members posted to the state. The Commissioner of Police wishes all citizens, residents and visitors in Kwara state a happy Christmas celebration and a prosperous New Year ahead, please.
Dsp Okasanmi Ajayi
Police Public Relations Officer
Kwara State Police Command
For: Commissioner of Police
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Okowa congratulates Adeleke on Appeal Court victory
- Ekweremadu, wife to be sentenced on May 5
- CBN confirms evacuation of banknotes, directs banks to open for weekend operations
- CBN begins monitoring of old notes circulation:
- Ademola Adeleke is the duly elected governor of Osun— Appeal Court
- BREAKING…Appeal court reinstates Adeleke as Osun governor
- Kwara Gov sympathises with residents over rainstorm, flooding incidents
- ICPC arraigns ex-JAMB’s Ojerinde, 4 children over alleged fraud
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti