The Speaker of the Kwara State House of Assembly, Dr. Ali Ahmad, has described the death of the Pioneer General Manager of Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (Harmony FM) Idofian, Alhaji Yusuf Abubakar, as a great loss to journalism profession in the state.
Dr. Ahmad in a Statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Abdul Rahman Sanni, noted that the deceased “who had served as Chief Press Secretary to two Military Governors of Kwara State, between 1993-1996 had played significant roles in the entrenchment of journalism practice in the state”.
The Speaker, who recalled the robust relationship that existed between himself and the deceased far back in Kaduna, said he would miss his sense of humour, pointing out that, “Alhaji Yusuf Abubakar was a great Patriot, committed, frank broadcaster who had contributed significantly towards the development of the State and entrenchment of democracy in Nigeria”.
Dr. Ahmad, while condoling the family of the deceased, urged the family to take solace in the fact that the former General Manager of FRCN Ilorin,left legacies of hardworking, transparency, caring, humility and God fearing, which he said, should be emulated by all Muslims.
He prayed Allah to grant the soul of the deceased Al- Janat Firdouz and the family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92