Zahra Buhari gets new wedding date
A new date has reportedly been fixed for the wedding of President Muhammadu Buhari’s daughter, Zahra.
The new date for the wedding, which was postponed last week, is December 16, according to an invite for the wedding which is making the rounds.
“H.E Haj Aisha M Buhari cordially invites you to the wedding Fatiha of her daughter Zahra Buhari and Ahmed Indimi which will take place on December 16th while the Kamu will take place in Abuja. Details of the events will be communicated to you,” the invite states.
The wedding was said to have been postponed as a result of President Buhari’s insistence on a low-key wedding for the 21-year-old bride to be, Daily Trust reported.
It was gathered that the president was uncomfortable with the attention the media was giving to the event, especially reports that the groom’s family presenting 30 Louis Vuitton bags to Zahra.
It was widely reported that the groom, Ahmed Indimi, had presented bags, worth about £120,000 (N47,144,502), to the bride ahead of the wedding.
An introduction ceremony between both families had earlier held at the Aso Villa, Abuja on Friday, November 18, with the wedding programme scheduled for between November 30 and Sunday, December 4, 2016.
Indimi is the marketing director of Oriental energy resources.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Davido announces album release, returns to social media
- President Buhari commissions new office of National Security Adviser (Photos)
- Protesters call for Interim Govt, INEC chairman arrest
- I will never be a member of APC– Fayose
- PHOTO NEWS : Gov. AbdulRazaq visits Iyiola Akogun
- Saudi Arabia releases date on when Ramadan fasting will start
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s re-election victory is deserving—Nupehood boss
- Peter Obi rigged 2023 election, not Tinubu – Asari Dokubo
- Time for politicking is over — Tinubu
- Breaking….CBN Gov., Godwin Emefiele Raises Interest Rate To 18%