A new date has reportedly been fixed for the wedding of President Muhammadu Buhari’s daughter, Zahra.
The new date for the wedding, which was postponed last week, is December 16, according to an invite for the wedding which is making the rounds.
“H.E Haj Aisha M Buhari cordially invites you to the wedding Fatiha of her daughter Zahra Buhari and Ahmed Indimi which will take place on December 16th while the Kamu will take place in Abuja. Details of the events will be communicated to you,” the invite states.
The wedding was said to have been postponed as a result of President Buhari’s insistence on a low-key wedding for the 21-year-old bride to be, Daily Trust reported.
It was gathered that the president was uncomfortable with the attention the media was giving to the event, especially reports that the groom’s family presenting 30 Louis Vuitton bags to Zahra.
It was widely reported that the groom, Ahmed Indimi, had presented bags, worth about £120,000 (N47,144,502), to the bride ahead of the wedding.
An introduction ceremony between both families had earlier held at the Aso Villa, Abuja on Friday, November 18, with the wedding programme scheduled for between November 30 and Sunday, December 4, 2016.
Indimi is the marketing director of Oriental energy resources.
- Emir of Ilorin condoles former AMCON chairman, Kola Belgore over wife’s death
- NiMet signs MoU with Sahel Consulting on agricultural improvement
- Buhari responsible for rot in Nigeria– Igboho
- NLC protest action may bring anarchy– TUC
- Former Kwara NUJ secretary, Timothy Nathaniel for burial Feb. 26-27
- Account for toll gate, parking lots fees since 2015, Court orders FAAN
- Adamawa hunters collaborate with Army to fight criminalities
- CSOs urge NASS to probe FG over $3.4billion COVID-19 loan, subsidy savings, others
- ARRANT NONSENSE: MURIC REPLIES MAN WHO SAID REMI TINUBU SHOULD BE KILLED
- JUST IN…. Former NBA national president, emerges as LP guber candidate in Edo