The Zamfara State government has empowered communities in the state to defend themselves against kidnappings, banditry and other criminal attacks.
The State Governor, Alhaji Bello Matawalle, gave his approval in a special prayer session to mark his two-year term.
The governor noted that the insecurity in the state has defied all the different methods used to deal with it, saying that together with other governors in the north they have now agreed to hire the services of the local population to supplement security officers in the fight against banditry and other criminal activities. in the zone.
He said the state would work with security agencies and traditional leaders to ensure credible people are recruited from communities.
Speaking earlier, academic Dr Jabir Maihula urged young people to be more responsible and think about their nation first, saying that only if the younger generation gets involved in building up the nation, that peace and security are achievable.
He said it was the role of parents and leaders to raise responsible children, through education and moral guidance that would enable them to become economically productive.
Maihula said the government should also create awareness and an enabling environment for the nation’s teeming youth to be economically self-sufficient.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kwara: EFCC Arrests Two Clerics, Five Suspected Fraudsters In Hotel
- Customs generates N1.293trn revenue in six months –Official
- Police arrest father over daughter’s death in Kogi
- Aisha Wakil a.ka. ‘Mama Boko Haram, 2 others sentenced to 7yrs jailterm
- Cameroon seeks AIB-N support on aircraft accident investigation
- Professionalism, training motivation, support are catalyst for transformed education system– Stakeholders
- Emir Sulu-Gambari prays for Doyen of Geology, Prof. Oyawoye at 95
- Again, Buhari urges ASUU to call off strike
- Kwara Govt secondary school without classrooms
- NBA lauds Bala Mohammed for signing judiciary autonomy bill into law