The Zamfara State Government is to construct 500 kilometers of rural roads in selected communities in the state as part of effort to transform rural areas.
The Commissioner for Rural and Community Development, Alhaji Lawal Liman disclosed this on Wednesday while defending the 2018 proposed budget of the ministry at the State House of Assembly.
Also, the commissioner for education, Alhaji Mukhtar Lugga, said that the state government has earmarked N7.5 billion for the take-off of the state university in Talata-Mafara.
Liman said that the state government had earmarked over N5 billion in the 2018 budget to carry out various projects in rural communities through the ministry.
“We planned to execute various development projects such as provision of rural water supply, sanitation and rural roads, expansion of dams to various communities across the state in line with the state government’s policy on rural transformation.
“We also planned to execute various projects on sanitation and hygiene to communities in the six local government areas participating in the SHWAN II intervention project between the state government and development partners such as UNICEF/DFID, ” he said.
Ligga, represented by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry, Alhaji Lawal Mafara said the state government had in the 2017 budget spent billions of naira in the renovation and provision of teaching and learning materials to some secondary schools in the state.
He said the state government has made provision in the 2018 budget to continue with the renovation of additional secondary schools in the state.
The State Governor, Alhaji Abdul’aziz Yari had last week presented N130.7 billion budget proposal for 2018 to the State House of Assembly for deliberation.
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants