The Zamfara State Government is to construct 500 kilometers of rural roads in selected communities in the state as part of effort to transform rural areas.
The Commissioner for Rural and Community Development, Alhaji Lawal Liman disclosed this on Wednesday while defending the 2018 proposed budget of the ministry at the State House of Assembly.
Also, the commissioner for education, Alhaji Mukhtar Lugga, said that the state government has earmarked N7.5 billion for the take-off of the state university in Talata-Mafara.
Liman said that the state government had earmarked over N5 billion in the 2018 budget to carry out various projects in rural communities through the ministry.
“We planned to execute various development projects such as provision of rural water supply, sanitation and rural roads, expansion of dams to various communities across the state in line with the state government’s policy on rural transformation.
“We also planned to execute various projects on sanitation and hygiene to communities in the six local government areas participating in the SHWAN II intervention project between the state government and development partners such as UNICEF/DFID, ” he said.
Ligga, represented by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry, Alhaji Lawal Mafara said the state government had in the 2017 budget spent billions of naira in the renovation and provision of teaching and learning materials to some secondary schools in the state.
He said the state government has made provision in the 2018 budget to continue with the renovation of additional secondary schools in the state.
The State Governor, Alhaji Abdul’aziz Yari had last week presented N130.7 billion budget proposal for 2018 to the State House of Assembly for deliberation.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment