The Zamfara Government has urged residents in the state to use mosquito nets in order to guard themselves against malaria caused by mosquito bites.
The state Commissioner for Health, Alhaji Lawal Liman, made the appeal on Wednesday at Furfuri, Bungudu Local Government Area, while inspecting the ongoing yellow fever vaccination centres in the state.
The Primary Health Care Development Agency (PHCDA) and other development partners were carrying out the exercise in the state.
Liman said that apart from malaria, mosquito bites can also cause yellow fever, hence the need to be careful and take precaution from been infected by the disease.
“We should cooperate with the health experts and adhere to advices they have being giving us on measures how to avoid been contacted with the disease.
“While the ongoing vaccination exercise is going on, the enlightening campaign is on going through radio and television we should therefore listen and adhere to such advices,’’ he said.
The commissioner commended traditional rulers under the leadership of the state council of chiefs and local government councils for supporting the exercise.
“We are recording tremendous successes in this exercise, we have so far reached over 50 per cent coverage; we have already covered four local government areas in the first phase.
“We are now on the second phase which is going to cover the remaining 10 local government areas,” he added.
He said the state government has been working with development partners in order to achieve the desired objectives of the exercise.
The District Head of Furfuri, Alhaji Muhammad Labbo, thanked the government for introducing various programmes to improve the healthcare delivery in the state.
Labbo assured the government of total support and cooperation on any programme to improve healthcare delivery of his people.
Earlier, the council’s Director of Health, Alhaji Rabi’u Dansadau, pledged readiness of the council to support programmes aimed at improving healthcare services.
The state is targeting about 3.2 million people for the exercise.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Zamfara Gov, Bello Matawalle urges traditional rulers to tackle insecurity
- 2023: Kogi delegates shock Ameachi after requesting Yahaya Bello to stepdown ambition
- KWACCIMA collaborates with EFCC for corrupt-free business environment
- NCoS Controller advises officers to show good character, be dedicated
- Education, short road to peace, freedom—NIREC
- Cultist suspect who killed to gain promotion, women, others remanded in prison
- Don’t hold rallies in Abia, IPOB warns APC aspirant
- FG committed to protecting Nigerians from harmful use of data- Pantami
- Lagos Govt. says June 1 deadline won’t stop enforcement on Okada ban
- NAF free medical outreach excites Kaduna residents