Zamfara varsity commences admission for pioneer intakes
The Governor of Zamfara State, Abdulaziz Yari, has announced that the state-owned university would commence admission of pioneer students in 2019.
Yari, who made the announcement on Monday at the presentation of the 2019 appropriation proposal, said the development followed the registration of the state university by the National Universities Commission.
The governor said that the state government regretted the fact that Zamfara was the only state of the federation that had no state university.
He revealed that the construction of the institution, which is situated in his home local government headquarters of Talata-Mafara, had now reached an appreciable level to prepare it for the pioneer students.
He announced that academic activities would soon commence with the 2019/2020 admitted students, adding that the process had began.
He assured that the new intake would have nothing to fear, as the state government had put all necessary security measures to ensure safety in the institution.
The governor noted that since his party, the APC, won with landslide at the just concluded general elections in the state, “there is no doubt that the incoming administration will continue with the good work.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Yari would now move to the National Assembly as the Senator-elect to represent Zamfara West at the Senate.
“I have the confidence and conviction that the governor-elect, Muktar Idris, will not disappoint us in taking our dear state to greater heights,” he said.
NAN also reports that the governor had served as governor of the state for the past eight years, which is two term from May, 2011.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Nigeria to launch two more satellites into space soon – Defence Agency
- NSCDC arrests 9 over alleged meter bypass in Osun
- INEC issues Certificate of Return to Zamfara gov-elect, deputy
- Osun Govt explains delay of civil servants’ March salaries
- Singer “Portable” cooling feet in police custody
- Interim Govt: DSS raising fake alarm, ploy to arrest opposition– Atiku
- Yul Edochie reports son’s death to Police for investigation
- Election: Nigerians in USA get permission to hold protest opposite White House
- Github fires its entire India engineering team, over 140 employees
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)