The chairman of the National Association of Nigeria Nurses and Midwives in the state, Comrade Ibrahim Maikarfi Muhammad, revealed this on Wednesday.
He said 86 samples of nurses were taken and results of 18 have indicated that they tested positive.
He explained that 9 of them are from National Orthopedic Hospital, Dala 7 from Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital and 2 from state hospitals.
Solacebase had earlier reported that 34 Medical Doctors have also tested positive to COVID-19 in Kano, according to Nigerian Medical Association Chairman, Dr Sanusi Bala.
Comrade Ibrahim Maikarfi Muhammad appealed to the government to provide health professionals with Personal Protective Equipment so as for them to conveniently discharge their responsibility.
‘’Our members needed to be protected as they are ready to support the fight against COVID-19, considering that we are in the fore front of the fight, ‘’said Maikarfi.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign