A Chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, (APC) Alhaji Abubakar Kawu Baraje (CON) has urged both the Federal and State governments to hasten the implementation of the well-thought out programmes that will put food on the table of the common man.
Alhaji Baraje made these remarks in a statement from his media office in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital as he rejoices with Nigerians on the New Year Celebrations and congratulates Nigerians for witnessing another year on earth.
He said what an average Nigerian is now yearning for, is stomach infrastructure where food would be placed on the table of every individual but, however, called on all levels of government and the citizenry to shun foreign goods and look inwards and as well go into massive farming so as to avoid famine in the country.
The APC chieftain equally appealed to Nigerians to be patient and cooperate with the government as they strive to make life better for the citizenry .
Alhaji Baraje assured Nigerians that the APC government under President Muhammadu BUHARI would restore back the lost glory and battered economy of the country before the end of 2019.
He also called on all Nigerians particularly the leaders of the two religions, Islam and Christianity to support President Muhammadu BUHARI-led administration with prayers towards moving the country forward.
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules