2023 Elections: Tinubu emerged winner in Zamfara
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, has emerged as the winner in Zamfara State.
The collation officer for Zamfara State presidential election, Professor Kashim Shehu of Federal University of Birnin Kebbi, announced the results in Gusau, the state capital, in the early hours of Tuesda[/b]y.
Shehu noted that the APC’s [b]Tinubu won 12 out of 14 Local Government Areas in the state, while Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party won two.
According to the results announced at the presidential election collation centre, Tinubu polled 298,396 votes.
The former Lagos State governor was closely followed by Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) with 193,978 votes.
Other top contenders were Rabiu Kwankwaso of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) who scored 4,044 votes and the Peter Obi of Labour Party (LP) with 1,660 votes.
Shehu declared that votes in 167 polling units were cancelled due to over-voting, insecurity and disruptions by thugs.
The total number of registered voters in the state was 1,879,308, while 527,137 of them were accredited for the poll.
A total of 502,923 valid votes were recorded and 16,508 votes, bringing the total votes cast to 519,431.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- ICPC arraigns ex-JAMB’s Ojerinde, 4 children over alleged fraud
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti
- No clandestine meeting between Oriwoola, Tinubu– Onanuga
- I won election before without Peter Obi – Alex Otti
- IESA welcomes Alfanla’s emergence as UNILORIN’s Registrar-designate
- My suspension by Ayu last kick of a dead horse — Fayose
- 10th NASS: Experience, competence should be criteria for leadership positions —-Bamidele
- Nigeria Air to Take-off Before End of Buhari’s Administration—-Sirika
- NSIB Sets To Release Report Soon–– DG