2023: Parliamentarians adopt PDP governorship candidate in Ebonyi
The Parliamentarians Forum in Ebonyi has declared support for the Governorship Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state, Dr IfeanyiChukwuma Odii.
The forum also adopted him as their sole candidate ahead of the 2023 general elections.
The Parliamentarians comprise the former members of Ebonyi House of Assembly who, at their meeting on Thursday in Abakaliki, assured Odii of their unflinching support.
Presiding over the meeting, Mr Solomon Onwe, former member of the house, who represented Ohaukwu South Constituency, described Odii as “candidate for the people.”
Onwe, former and pioneer Deputy Speaker of Ebonyi House of Assembly, said only PDP could win the governorship seat because of the impeccable qualities of the party’s standard bearer to deliver on their mandate.
“I must say it categorically, that this is our sole candidate in 2023. We have seen the quality in him and he is prepared to rule Ebonyi people,” he stated.
The Convener of the meeting, Mr Anoke Uwadegwu, representative of Ohaozara West Constituency, noted that Odii, popularly known as “AnyiChuks”, was capable, with his exposure, of building Ebonyi and Strengthening its economy.
“His empowerment programme and free house projects for Indigent persons cannot be over-emphasised. It has cut across the 13 local government area of the state.
“This is the man, trusted that can take the people of Ebonyi to the promise land. So, we are supporting him and with God, he will win.
“Odii has shown that he values our people through his empowerment programmes and his scholarship scheme.
“I urge the electorates to support his campaign and vote for him on the election day,” Uwadegwu added.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the motion for the adoption of Odii was moved by Chike Ogiji and seconded by Ray Akanu Esq, who represented Ikwo South and Ivo constituency respectively.
Other former members of the House at the meeting were Mr Sam Nwali, Festus Okoha, Ugorji Amaoti, Frank Onwe, Dav Onuoha, Obinna Nwachukwu and Jerry Obasi.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Family releases burial arrangements for late AIT/RayPower CEO, Raymond Dokpesi
- Senate rejects controversial Water Resources Bill
- You’ve represented the dynasty excellently, Emir of Ilorin tells Prof. Gambari
- Tinubu gets Senate’s approval to appoint 20 Special Advisers
- EFCC to arraign 20 internet fraudster suspects in Kwara
- NLC, TUC pictures from Aso Rock Villa
- Iyabo Ojo slammed with ₦18M tax by Lagos Govt, she reacts
- Oluremi Tinubu steps into First Lady’s office
- Increase workers minimum wage to N200,000 – TUC tells FG
- Fuel subsidy: Court stops NLC, TUC, others from embarking on strike