Facts have emerged on the reasons why the former Nigeria’s President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan rejected the purchase of Presidential Nomination and Expression of Interest forms, of the All Progressives Congress APC for him by a group.
Jonathan’s spokesman, Ikechukwu Eze, on Monday night categorically stated that the former president was not aware of this bid and did not authorize it.
Eze said: “We want to state that if the former President wanted to contest an election, he would make his intentions clear to the public and will not enter through the back door”, the statement said.
“While we appreciate the overwhelming request by a cross-section of Nigerians, for Dr. Jonathan to make himself available for the 2023 Presidential election, we wish to state, that he has not in anyway, committed himself to this request.
“Buying a presidential aspiration form in the name Dr. Jonathan without his consent, knowing the position he had held in this country, is considered an insult to his person.
“The general public is therefore advised to disregard it.”
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules