President Martin Vizcarra said Friday Peru has detected its first case of the new coronavirus in a 25-year-old man who had traveled to Europe.
The president called for calm and said Peru had taken “all the medical measures” to treat the patient, who had been in Spain, France and the Czech Republic and was in a stable condition.
Authorities have prepared isolation areas in five hospitals in the capital Lima in anticipation of the first cases, while setting up health care positions in the city’s international airport and several ports.
Latin America was the last region to confirm coronavirus infections but over the last week seven countries have been affected, the worst being Ecuador, with 13 cases.
While fears over coronavirus have gripped Peruvians, an outbreak of dengue fever in Amazon areas has left 15 people dead this year, according to official figures.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment