ROYAL NEWS reports that this is in line with the efforts of the government to further open up the state for socioeconomic growth in order to yield huge returns.
The approval was however granted at the Federal Executive Council (FEC) held on Wednesday. The roads to be rehabilitated are; “Kosubosu-Kaiama-Bode Saadu (130km); Bacita-Shonga-Lafiagi (83km); Eiyenkorin-Afon-Offa-Odo Ottin (49km); and Okuta-Bukuro Road, which connects to the Benin Republic (32km). These come to 294km in all.”
A statement issued by Rafiu Ajakaye, the spokesman to the Kwara State Governor, quoted t Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq to have a
said, “These roads will be constructed under the Infrastructure Tax Credit Scheme (Executive Order 7).
“Upon completion, these projects will revolutionise road travels within Kwara and neighbouring states, with huge potentials for development and food security.”
He added that, We thank President Muhammadu Buhari for this landmark development. We similarly commend BUA for keying into the laudable initiative. Our administration will offer all the support to make these projects come through for the benefit of our people.”
- Private sector impressed as Gov AbdulRazaq declares open 10th Kwara Trade Fair
- Emefiele’s Naira redesign ran farmers bankrupt – FG
- Let’s use media to fight drug, internet fraud- Akogun
- UNILORIN Don canvasses creation of National Examination Malpractices Board
- UNILORIN emerges 9th in global ranking for Int’l students
- Kwara garment factory will be largest in West Africa at full capacity–MD
- WRITERS MOURN DEATH OF VETERAN POET, ỌLÁŃREWAJÚ ADÉPOJÙ
- Powerful Nigerian poet and author, Olarewaju Adepoju dies at 83
- Veteran NTA news caster, Aisha Bello Mustapha is dead
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*