The Ilorin Zonal Command of the Economic And Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has arrested a 29-year old Chinese: Gang Deng, for suspected illegal mining in Ilorin, Kwara State.
Deng was arrested on Friday, September 9, 2022 and found to be in possession of crude minerals without authority.
Wilson Uwujaren, Head of Media & Publicity stated this in a statement issued on Saturday, ROYAL NEWS reports.
A truck load of minerals suspected to be lepidolite was recovered from him.
The suspect will be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded.
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note
- Buhari speaks on new naira notes redesign amidst hardships
- NPC boss warns against extortion from applicants
- Tribunal judgement: I have faith in judiciary – Gov. Adeleke
- PoS surcharge: Operators allege bank officials sell cash to them
- Oyo Governor, Makinde Suspends Campaign Activities Over Fuel, Naira Crisis