Sources told the News Agency of Nigeria that the incident occurred at a beer parlour around Lewu Junction, Kabba.
The source also said that the incident occurred at about 9.45 p.m. when people were making merry in the beer parlour.
“I heard a loud sound not far from where I was and as I went there, I saw three bodies while the injured were taken to hospital.
“The injured were taken to St. John’s General Hospital in Kabba for medical attention,” the source explained.
Also an Okada rider simply called Dele said “it was a bomb blast because the sound was so devastating as people died and several others were injured.
“I saw how the victims were picked and taken to the hospital by security personnel in Kabba,” Dele said.
The Commissioner of Police in Kogi, Mr Edward Egbuka, told NAN that reports indicated that it was a gas explosion and bomb blast.
Edward said his officers were on top of the situation and that he would give more details on the explosion after investigations.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- FAAN inaugurates App for airport taxi
- LASU aims to become best varsity in W’Africa — VC
- Poverty not for any true child of God— RCCG Pastor
- Tinubu was never a minister, Osinbajo was commissioner when I was Speaker— Amaechi
- With your support, I will win – Tinubu tells Bauchi delegates
- Why Kano APC Delegates Should Vote Me — Amaechi
- APC Governorship aspirant resigns from party
- Court sentences 27yr-old student for illicit drug trafficking
- Breaking….. Buhari orders embattled Accountant-General’s suspension
- Deborah: Stop escalation of jungle justice across Nigeria, govt urged