Sources told the News Agency of Nigeria that the incident occurred at a beer parlour around Lewu Junction, Kabba.
The source also said that the incident occurred at about 9.45 p.m. when people were making merry in the beer parlour.
“I heard a loud sound not far from where I was and as I went there, I saw three bodies while the injured were taken to hospital.
“The injured were taken to St. John’s General Hospital in Kabba for medical attention,” the source explained.
Also an Okada rider simply called Dele said “it was a bomb blast because the sound was so devastating as people died and several others were injured.
“I saw how the victims were picked and taken to the hospital by security personnel in Kabba,” Dele said.
The Commissioner of Police in Kogi, Mr Edward Egbuka, told NAN that reports indicated that it was a gas explosion and bomb blast.
Edward said his officers were on top of the situation and that he would give more details on the explosion after investigations.
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules