He has been raping his 19 year old daughter since she was 11. This is the unfortunate allegation against a 50-year-old man who was arrested by Lagos state police command for alleged defilement of his daughter.
The spokesperson of the state police command, Bala Elkana, said the suspect was arrested after his 45-year-old wife reported the matter at the Ikotun police station.
According to Bala Elkana, the man and his family reside at Kajola Street in Ikotun.
The suspect’s incestuous behavior was discovered by his wife after she noticed their daughter was being disrespectful towards him.
The woman was said to have asked her daughter what was wrong and she opened up that her father has been raping her since she was 11.
The victim said her father threatened to hurt her each time she resisted him.
The victim also stated that the father instilled so much fear in her that she found it difficult to report to anybody.
However, Bala Ekana stated that the man confessed to committing the crime.
He stated that after a thorough investigation, the suspect was charged to Chief Magistrate Court ll Ogba on five counts of incest, rape, sexual harassment, defilement and sexual assault on May 11.
Bala added that the suspect has been detained, while the court adjourned the case for further hearing until June 15.
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price
- Tems wins Grammy award
- Kwara South Group Drums Support For ADC Reps candidate, Gbenga Power
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai