52 new Pharmacists emerged at UNILORIN
No fewer than 52 new Pharmacists have been produced at the University of Ilorin even as the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Wahab Olasupo Egbewole, SAN, described them as important component in the country’s healthcare professions ranking.
Egbewole stated this at the 7th Induction/Oath taking ceremony of the 52 graduating students of the 2020/2021 class of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences of the University, ROYAL NEWS reports.
The VC, who was represented at the event by the Deputy Vice Chancellor(Academic), Prof O. A. Omotesho, pledged his unflinching commitment to making the University the best again by any ranking in Nigeria and one of the best in Africa.
In his address, the Registrar, Pharmaceutical Council of Nigeria (PCN), Pharm. Ibrahim Babashehu Ahmed, congratulated the inductees on their success, which he said, is a culmination of many years of dedication and hard work, despite the interruption of academics by the COVID pandemic and industrial actions by university workers’ unions.
The keynote speaker, Pharm. Bankole Aminu Ezebuilo, urged the inductees to improve their reality and lower their expectations, stressing that they should “expect the worst and hope for the best”.
Speaking on the topic, “Dreams versus reality: Life before and after graduation”, Pharm. Ezebuilo, who is also the founder and Chief Executive Officer of KAYHELT Pharma Limited, noted that the inductees should invest in themselves.
Also speaking, the Acting Dean of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dr Sa’ad Toyin Abdullahi, advised the inductees to approach the future with an open mind and be willing to learn from those they encounter.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- CBN releases cash, orders banks to operate on weekends
- Supreme Court opens up on CJN trip, meeting Tinubu
- Buhari never said he wouldn’t hand over to Tinubu– Presidency
- Okowa congratulates Adeleke on Appeal Court victory
- Ekweremadu, wife to be sentenced on May 5
- CBN confirms evacuation of banknotes, directs banks to open for weekend operations
- CBN begins monitoring of old notes circulation:
- Ademola Adeleke is the duly elected governor of Osun— Appeal Court
- BREAKING…Appeal court reinstates Adeleke as Osun governor
- Kwara Gov sympathises with residents over rainstorm, flooding incidents