As former President Goodluck Jonathan marks his 63rd birthday anniversary today, November 20, former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, has commended him for his democratic temperament and selfless leadership.
Ekweremadu, in a tribute to Jonathan on the occasion, also commended the former President for not only the electoral reforms recorded under his administration, but also for providing the right democratic atmosphere to ensure that the reforms were implemented by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC and other relevant agencies and stakeholders.
“Dr. Jonathan’s democratic temperament was indeed a facilitator and great boost to the millage we covered in reforming the nation’s electoral system, especially in the 6th National Assembly.
“Importantly, he equally provided the democratic atmosphere that allowed the INEC to be truly independent in managing elections and implementing the array of reforms under his administration without minding how it affected his party or his personal political aspirations,” Ekweremadu, who chaired the Constitution Amendment Committee that piloted the electoral reforms said.
The lawmaker, who represents Enugu West Senatorial District, further extoled Jonathan for his sense of justice, noting that history would continue to remember him as a president who saw the entire country as his constituency.
“On His Excellency’s 63rd birthday, therefore, I salute him for his sense of justice, his sense of equity, and for being a true father of the whole nation, and a selfless leader, who placed the welfare, peace, and unity of the nation above his personal ambitions and interests,” Ekweremadu added.
He prayed God to grant the ex-President the length of days and sound health to continue to contribute to the efforts to restore the nation to the pinnacle of glory.
- Ukraine President Zelensky appoints Oby Ezekwesili as ambassador
- Breaking: Buhari wades into Naira new notes scarcity
- Fuel scarcity worsens, bites harder in FCT
- No new CP in Lagos state, says Police command
- Osun Tribunal: Sanwo-Olu congratulates Oyetola
- New Naira: Tight security at banks against customers’ attack
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor