ROYAL NEWS learnt that the move was aimed at motivating those working on the frontlines against COVID-19.
The Commissioner for Health in the state, Dr Tomi Coker, stated this on Friday in Abeokuta while briefing members of the House of Assembly on government’s efforts to curtail the spread of the pandemic.
Coker added that government had finalised an incentive package for the health workers.
She also said 700 contacts had been tested, out of which 137 were confirmed positive while 59 were treated and discharged.
The commissioner further said there were 70 active cases while five deaths were recorded.
Coker noted that the available facilities at the isolation centres had made response to the pandemic steady in the state.
According to her, Sagamu and Ikenne have one centre each while three are in Abeokuta,
She said the centres were established in line with international best practices in being sited close to tertiary health facilities.
The Commissioner for Special Duties , Mr Femi Ogunbanwo, on his part, said no fewer than 60,000 school pupils currently at home would be fed within the next two weeks under the Home Grown School Feeding Programme of the Federal Government.
Ogunbanwo explained that the intervention would be carried out in collaboration with relevant stakeholders including the Parents/Teachers Association and local government councils at the 290 designated distribution centres in wards across the state.
He added that more than 2, 400 households in the state had been enlisted in the Conditional Cash Transfer initiative of the Federal Government.
Responding, the Speaker, Mr Olakunle Oluomo, challenged the commissioners to improve on every measure aimed at combating the spread of the virus.
Oluomo reiterated that the Ninth Assembly would continue to collaborate with the executive in ensuring that the state flattened the curve of the pandemic.
He urged residents of the state to adhere strictly to the guidelines set by government to curtail the spread of the virus.
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note
- Buhari speaks on new naira notes redesign amidst hardships
- NPC boss warns against extortion from applicants
- Tribunal judgement: I have faith in judiciary – Gov. Adeleke
- PoS surcharge: Operators allege bank officials sell cash to them
- Oyo Governor, Makinde Suspends Campaign Activities Over Fuel, Naira Crisis