Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq of Kwara has inaugurated five new permanent secretaries to fill some vacancies in the leadership of the state civil service.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the new permanent secretaries include: AbdulRahman Babatunde, Asonibare Christiana, Raheem Abdulbaqi, Samuel Elizabeth and Yusuf Amuda.
Speaking at the inauguration in Ilorin on Thursday, AbdulRazaq said: “Your appointment is a public trust. I urge you to act it in words and in action.
“Together, let us strengthen the civil service and drive policies and programmes in support of the greater Kwara project.
“Our administration is a product of popular mandate. For that reason, we have prioritised the interest and well-being of the largest majority of our people.
“This explains our investments in healthcare delivery, education, workers’ welfare, improved social amenities, and general economic development of our state.
“I urge you to support us in this regard”, AbdulRasaq said.
Speaking earlier, Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Prof. Mamman Jubril, called on the new permanent secretaries to be hardworking and prayerful.
“We join you to thank His Excellency for appointing you to these positions. May God bless it for you all,” he said.
The state Head of Service, Mrs Susan Oluwole, said that the civil service was currently undergoing a rebuilding process, urging the new permanent secretaries to, therefore, put in their best to justify their appointments.
Amuda, who spoke on behalf of the other appointees, expressed their gratitude to the governor for finding them worthy of the positions.
He pledged their preparedness to support the AbdulRazaq-led administration toward implementing its policies and programmes for the benefits of the people of the state.
The portfolios of the permanent secretaries are: Abdulbaqi (Special Duties); Babatunde (General Services), Amuda (Women Affairs); Samuel (Environment) and Asonibare (Communications).
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt