Abia Govt fumes over plans to install Emir of Aba
The Abia State Government has sent stern warning to those allegedly behind the proposed installation of one Sarki Shehu 11 as the Emir of Aba Emirate Council.
A press statement signed by the Secretary to the State Government, Chris Ezem, said such proposal was strange, illegal, and had no authorization.
The statement issued on Wednesday, February 8, 2023, read;
“The attention of Government of Abia State has been drawn to a proposed coronation of one Sarki Shehu Bello 11 as the Emir of Aba Emirate Council without recourse to Government,” the statement read.
“Government wishes to warn all involved in this unauthorized and illegal coronation to stop forthwith or be prepared to face the full weight of the law
“Government hereby directs the immediate cancellation of the proposed illegal coronation as there is nothing like Aba Emirate Council in the State. Government further warns all residents in the state especially those resident in Aba to be law abiding.
“Law enforcement agents have been directed to swing into action and ensure that no such event capable of breaching the existing peace in the state takes place in Aba or any part of the State.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- CBN releases cash, orders banks to operate on weekends
- Supreme Court opens up on CJN trip, meeting Tinubu
- Buhari never said he wouldn’t hand over to Tinubu– Presidency
- Okowa congratulates Adeleke on Appeal Court victory
- Ekweremadu, wife to be sentenced on May 5
- CBN confirms evacuation of banknotes, directs banks to open for weekend operations
- CBN begins monitoring of old notes circulation:
- Ademola Adeleke is the duly elected governor of Osun— Appeal Court
- BREAKING…Appeal court reinstates Adeleke as Osun governor
- Kwara Gov sympathises with residents over rainstorm, flooding incidents